Let’s Start a Movement
Wanderlust Movement is a blog about budget travel for 20-something South Africans to help them see the world for less. I started this blog because I wanted to inspire other South Africans to stretch their Rand further and travel to exotic destinations despite the restrictions on our passport.
A weak currency and no visa-free travel to America, Europe, Australia etc presents a unique set of challenges and opportunities. Unlike most travel bloggers I can’t simply hop on a plane with a one-way ticket to explore some of the world’s most popular destinations. As a result, my travelling style and how I choose my next destination is quite different.
If you are interested in partnering with me, contact me and I’ll be more than happy to send you a copy of my media kit.
Looking for a writer or content strategist? Visit my professional freelance copywriting website, view my portfolio and get in touch.
Join me as I discover the best music festivals, adrenaline-pumping activities and vegan-friendly destinations around the world for frugal South Africans and everyone else!
- Canopy Tours SA
- Nelson Mandela Bay Tourism
- Elgin Africa
- Escape Society
- Vida Cafe
Originally from Johannesburg, I fell in love with travel in late 2013 and have been trying to figure out how to stay on the road ever since.
But I quickly realised that the weakening South African Rand and the mountains of visa paperwork gave me a set of limitations that frustrated me to no end.
This set a plan in motion that saw me quitting a growing career in IT to take a job as a Social Media Manager in the travel industry. And after 2-years of writing witty Instagram captions, I quit that job to focus on becoming location independent.
In 2016, I moved to Thailand for six months as an English Teacher. Upon returning to South Africa, I decided to put all my energy into my freelance work and have officially joined the ranks of nomadic entrepreneurs.
I hope this blog will inspire just one person to ditch their desk and show that it is possible to travel well despite a “shitty” exchange rate.
Bucket List: Bhutan; Iceland;
Vietnam, New Zealand; Rwanda; Croatia; Kenya and the Galapagos Islands
As seen in:
- Safari Getaways to Visit in Southern Africa This Spring – Discover Africa
- 8 Festivals in South Africa That Are Worth The Trip – Travelettes
- Top 5 Bites to Eat in Cape Town – Bite Mojo
- Cape Town Celebrates 2-Year Anniversary – Travel Massive
- Solo Female Travel Tips By South African Bloggers – Eager Journeys
- I Got Chased By Cows in Lesotho – All4Women
- #TravelBloggers Spill Their Worst Travel Advice– The Thirsty Tourist
- Top 13 Africa Travel Blogs for 2017 – Asher Fergusson
- 5 Best Day Trips From Bangkok – Travioor
- Top 100 Travel Blogs You Should Be Following in 2017 – The Smart Lad
- 5 Best Unusually Cool and Affordable South African Hotels – The Jax Blog