Hi, I’m Lauren.
I TEACH WOMEN HOW TO BECOME LOCATION INDEPENDENT AND TRAVEL THE WORLD.
I’M ON A MISSION TO GET YOU EXPLORING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT HAVING TO BREAK THE BANK.
In late 2013, I got my first passport and flew off to Naples, Italy for three weeks. It was my first trip outside of South Africa and by the time I got back home – my feet were restless.
Two months later, I had quit my job in the tech industry and flew down to Cape Town. With no job offers (and very little savings), I hustled hard to get a paying gig and get off of my father’s couch.
Luckily, it all paid off and I found myself working in the travel industry as a marketing assistant and social media manager.
I didn’t use my passport until a year later when my team flew me to Laos, Thailand and India for site visits at our satellite offices. A couple of months later (and a very stressful visa interview experience), I found myself in Camden, London attending a marketing conference!
Despite my uptick in globetrotting – it wasn’t enough.
I wanted to live abroad and get to experience a destination for longer than two weeks.
So I quit my job, flew to Thailand and started teaching English for six months.
While there, I started my freelance writing business on the side and made enough to cover all the debit orders back home so I didn’t have to figure out how to get my Thai salary into my South African bank account.
When I came back to South Africa in November 2016, I had two options:
- Get a desk job.
- Take a gamble and try to turn my freelance writing into a full-time gig.
My risk paid off and I’ve been working remotely while travelling the world ever since!
- Reunion Island Tourism
- Ford South Africa
- Canopy Tours SA
- Nelson Mandela Bay Tourism
- Elgin Africa
- Escape Society
- Vida Cafe
As seen in:
- Becoming a Location Independent Entrepreneur – The Game Changers Podcast
- Safari Getaways to Visit in Southern Africa This Spring – Discover Africa
- 8 Festivals in South Africa That Are Worth The Trip – Travelettes
- Top 5 Bites to Eat in Cape Town – Bite Mojo
- Cape Town Celebrates 2-Year Anniversary – Travel Massive
- Solo Female Travel Tips By South African Bloggers – Eager Journeys
- How to Attract Clients and Stop Pitching – The Marketing Minute Podcast
- Taking on Location Independence Coaching During the Pandemic – Say Yes to Travel Podcast
- Everything to Know About Cannabis in South Africa – Matador Network
- 10 Best Food & Wine Festivals in South Africa – Culture Trip
- I Got Chased By Cows in Lesotho – All4Women
- Top 13 Africa Travel Blogs for 2017 – Asher Fergusson
- Top 100 Travel Blogs You Should Be Following in 2017 – The Smart Lad
- You’re Relationship Suddenly Went Long-Distance Due to the Pandemic – People Magazine USA
- South Africa Road Trip: Discover the Land of Incredible Diversity – Magnificent World