Want to travel more for less? You’ve come to the right place!
Wanderlust Movement is the go-to destination for South African travellers. I’ve compiled all my best tips for green mamba passport holders from three years of globetrotting.
On this page, you’ll find a curated list of the best articles to help you plan your trip.
From exploring Europe on a shoestring to avoiding visa applications altogether – ya girl’s got you covered.
Budget Travel Destination Guides
Travelling with a third world passport is not always easy – or cheap.
But combining that with the weak South African Rand and globetrotting seems out of reach for most Saffas.
Or is it?
I’ve created budget travel destination guides for some of the most popular and affordable countries for South Africans. Whether you want to explore the ancient streets of Rome or relax on Bali’s black sand beaches – I’ll show you how to do it without taking out a loan.
- How to Travel Bali on a Budget as a Frugal South African
- How to Travel Krabi on a Budget with Less Than R 2,000
- How to Travel Rome on a Budget as a South African
- How to Travel Europe on a Budget: A Complete Guide
- How to Travel Kenya on a Budget
- 10 of the Cheapest African Countries to Visit
Visa Guides for South Africans
The bane of any South African with itchy feet.
But did you know we can travel to over 100+ countries without stepping foot in a visa application centre?
I curate a list of the best visa-free destinations for South Africans each year that are also Rand-friendly.
And if you do want to travel to a country that requires a sacrifice, follow my visa application guides. I detail exactly what paperwork I submitted as well as any tips to help you get yours on the first try.
- 12 Best Visa-Free Countries for South Africans to Visit in 2018
- How to Apply for Your Schengen Visa as a South African
- How to Get Your Visa on Arrival for Vietnam in 3 Easy Steps
- South Africans: How to Get Your Visa on Arrival for Iran
- How to Get Your UK Visa Application Approved From South Africa
How To Become Location Independent
“So, uh, Lauren, how do you afford to travel SO much?”
That’s a question I get asked a lot by my family, friends and readers.
I started my own freelance copywriting business. It’s a completely remote position that enables me to work from anywhere in the world – provided there is an internet connection.
Want to ditch your desk as well?
Here are my top resources for budding South African digital nomads:
- The Best 40+ Sites For Finding Remote Work Online
- How I Earn Money Online as a Digital Nomad
- 10 Tips For Working From Home To Maximise Your Productivity
- 10+ of the Best Side Hustles for Introverts
- Best Tools for Freelancers: What You Need to Run Your Online Business
- How to Become a Digital Nomad in 6 Easy Steps
- 10 Easy Ways You Can Make Money While Travelling The World
- What You Need to Know About Teaching English in Thailand as a South African
After three years of travelling, I think I’ve mastered the art of travelling light. I’m paranoid about losing my checked in bag, so I rarely go anywhere with more than a carry-on.
Even if my trip is two or three months long.
Attending one of South Africa’s biggest music festivals? Want to learn more about minimalist travel? Or want a thorough packing guide to help you decide what to bring and what to leave at home?
These guides will turn you into a trip packing pro!
- The Ultimate How-To Guide for Surviving Oppi-Koppi Festival
- The Ultimate Road Trip Essentials Packing List (+ Free Checklist!)
- Minimalist Backpacking Guide: How To Travel With Less
- Vietnam Packing List: How to Pack For Your Trip Like a Pro
- 12 Vegan Travel Products You Need For Your Next Trip
Plan Your Trip
Planning a trip is a daunting task. With so much information out there, it’s overwhelming to know where to start. Plus, as a South African, a lot of the time the information out there isn’t relevant to our needs.